Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mid-Semester Thoughts

I think this semester is going pretty well so far. None of my classes are super overwhelming which is good. Also, I've done some really exciting things that I've never done before like go on a roller-coaster, go down a monstrous water-slide, and eat Chick-fil-a.
The most difficult academic adjustment I've had to make so far has definitely been in regards to homework assignments. Instead of in high school when you are assigned homework on a daily basis (which forces you to study everyday basically), we are assigned huge, long-term assignments and have to manage the time to complete them ourselves. These are assignments that can definitely not be done in one night.
Socially the most difficult adjustment has been first of all, meeting a lot of new people and making a whole new group of friends. In high school, I had had pretty much the same group of friends since middle school and so making an entirely new group has definitely been a big change. Furthermore, because there are always fun things going on in the evenings, a big change for me has been saying no when I'm invited to go somewhere because of homework.
Fortunately none of my classes have been super difficult yet, however I know that Calc II is about to get really hard. The first half of the semester was pretty much stuff that I had already learned in Calc last year, but now we are starting a new topic (linear algebra( which I know basically nothing about so I'm guessing it will much more difficult for me.
What I want to change for the latter half of this semester is trying not to procrastinate as much. I need to stop watching movies and Youtube videos and focus on my homework. If I put the time I spend watching movies into studying, I would definitely not be worried about any of my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment